Hello everyone!

I hope this is the right place to post this as I’ve just joined and thought I’d say hello.

I’ve been dabbling with Blender for a couple of years now (there’s just so much to learn, isn’t there?) and have just recently had a bit more time to get into a bit of modelling and to finish my first attempt at 3D animation. It’s taken about 4 months to complete on a part-time basis, and was frustrating but a lot of fun at the same time.

Anyway, I’m still a complete novice though and up until now have admired from afar the work of some of the brilliant artists on here that have inspired me to spend hours plodding through probably hundreds of YouTube videos to try to get my head around some of the finer points of Blender…

… and now I’m addicted!

Well I’m here now, and I must admit I feel a bit out of my depth having had no formal training in anything related to art or design, but I hope I can learn a lot from you guys first hand.

Thanks!

Hi, and welcome. I hope we can see your animation.

Hi!

I’d love to show you my efforts and get some real feedback from experienced Blenderers because I want to learn where I might be going wrong, but I think I need to make 10 posts before I can link to my YouTube video and I don’t want to start off by breaking any forum rules!

I think it’s going to be a while before I get to those 10 posts though, because as a newbie I can’t really offer any advice to others… other than you need a lot of patience and you learn by making lots of mistakes!

At least you can reply in off topic however you want :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Just go praise some work in the artwork sections that fancy you, should get past the 10 post requirement in no time.

Hi!
Yes I was thinking of adding some comments in there because some of the work is brilliant, but I didn’t want to come across as just adding comments for the sake of getting my post count up. I’ll give it a go then! Thanks.

I understand they make very good pocket knives in Sheffield.

Hi!
Not so much these days, but a few places still make them yes!