getting the finishing touches on my container model - help

After 2 weeks of building my own 3D model of a carboy container, I’m reached the limit of my skills with Blender. I’m still new, so bear with me.

Below are 3 screenshots showing the 3 last problems I’m wrestling with, that’s keeping this model from finally looking presentable. I have no idea what to do next. If a more experienced person could grab the .blend file I attached and help me out in this, I would be very, very grateful. This thing needs to be presentation-ready and my deadline’s fast approaching.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]484644[/ATTACH]

The first problem is with the handle part of the mesh melding into the container’s body. The transition isn’t smooth enough and ends up producing some bad shading effects. I’ve tamed the shading errors down as much as my newbie skills will let me, but I need help with it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]484661[/ATTACH]

The second problem is the bottom cylinder part of the mesh - where the bottleneck meets the container body. There’s lots of shading errors here, and once again, I’ve done my best to get rid of them, but they persist.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]484667[/ATTACH]

The last problem has to do with connecting the small upper bottleneck, located on the top part of the handle, to the rest of the mesh. I’ve tried several times already to do this with boolean modifiers, but the results create even more shade errors. I can’t figure out how to connect the two meshes smoothly.

Attachments

carboy container 3.blend (2.66 MB)

Something like this?

Attachments

Carboy new.blend (2 MB)

or something like this

Attachments

carboy container 4.blend (827 KB)

Thank you so much for fixing this model. And I apologize for not responding sooner. My schedule got unusually cluttered since writing the first post.

Both of your models solve all the problems I was experiencing. Though GrimZA, just out of curiosity, I’ve got to know how you built yours. The mesh is completely original and very differently shaped in places… I’m not even sure how you achieved the curviness of the model with it. Would you mind telling me how it was built?

Sorry for the late reply, which part are you interested in?

I started with a cube and beveled it with about 3 segments, i added a circle to the bottom (the main hole) and then lined up half of it with the bevel at the bottom and changed the number of vertices as needed. Since the number of vertices matched, it was easy to join.

The handle was made more or less the same way, i didn’t calculate the number of vertices for the handle so the middle section is quite messy.