Blender Cloud

Hi Everyone :slight_smile:

I’ve been using Blender for a few years now and have always been curious about supporting the project through the Blender Cloud subscription. When I saw Agent 327 I was definitely a lot more interested in signing up and probably will go for the 1 year package to get some more insight into that project and finally support a piece of software that has given me so much for free.

I guess I’m posting to ask if there are any other members here who are not part of the Blender Cloud yet, and what would you suggest Blender Cloud add that would push you over the edge to become a subscriber?

If you are already a subscriber, do you have any suggestions on what you would like to see Blender Cloud add?

I´m a suscriber and I´m very happy, I even want to inrcrease my subscription term, the only thing I miss is to be able to use the project management system offline, in my own server, because 10Gb it´s a very little amount of space for any serious project, but I understand they cannot give more, so having it locally is more convinient for us.

Apart from that, I´m very happy with Blender Cloud :slight_smile:

I’m really just a subscriber to the cloud as my way of giving something back to Blender, but actually there are a few nice tutorials and a small selection of decent quality cc0 assets, and I enjoyed being able to closely follow the development of Agent 327 and Caminandes 3. You get a bunch of cloud space to host your own projects, though I haven’t used it. For the low cost I think it’s a good deal - especially if you want to help the Blender Institute make more shorts (which will hopefully lead them to bigger things in the future.)

Yes please! A local project management system would be great. But I don’t think it makes sense for them. Right now it’s meant as an incentive to use Blender cloud in the first place. If you give users the ability to run it on their home network then you take that incentive away. What needs to happen is a way to increase your project size monetarily.

10GB is totally ridiculous for a project but it looks like it’s just a limitation of the current services. Looks like they will eventually expand.

I´m a subscriber and there are some very nice tutorials on the cloud. Esspecially the Camera Tracking tutorial was very useful to me.
Otherwise the HDRI library is very nice.
Furthermore the texture library is nice but I wasn´t in need of textres in recent years because I mainly use procedurals these days.

Something I would like to see is some sort of service that handles all the complicated setup for rendering on cheap cloud computer services like Amazons AWS. Something like Renderbot but officially maintained by the Blender Foundation.