getting an object the same size

As the title says i have a problem to get object the same size as other objects. For example if i have a cube and want to extrude on edge of it how do i get the face the same size as the face of the original cube. Snapping to the grid only works if the cube has the right size. So pls help

Hi, I’ll give you some useful links to do what you need.

3D Cursor
Snap
Pivot point

video will be up in a moment if it isnt already.

which is about the most pointless answer on the forum.

Instead of arguing with me you could answer him better, I yesterday at midnight, I could only give a few links that are useful, much more than what you said.
Anyway a short video, hoping it will be useful, with blender things to be done are complex, it takes several steps, which are often tricks into workflow.

i actually believe THAT is the most pointless answer on the forum…

3D cursor, Snap and Pivot point are 3 good tools, and i believe i brought them all up in the video aswell… the answer was not pointless at all, just a bit lazy. he gave the artist the resources to find the answers to his own questions instead of writing everything down here…

if your intention is to talk trash then dont talk at all… thank you.

3D cursor, Snap and Pivot point are 3 good tools, and i believe i brought them all up in the video aswell… the answer was not pointless at all, just a bit lazy. he gave the artist the resources to find the answers to his own questions instead of writing everything down here…

oh my god… i am so sorry, something bugged out on my end, i did not intend to type the same message 5 times… the messages did not apear on my end no matter how many times i refreshed, and then all of a sudden all 5 popped up. sorry! :slight_smile: