3dprinting

How could be real a situation where i sell 3d model for printing, without having a 3d printer? what are the extras to consider when modeling for 3d printing unlike the traditional way of modeling in 3d?

Knowing what is possible and what is not possible to print.
If you start with 3d printing but don’t want to buy a 3d printer, you could use online 3d print services.
Also taking some English lessons might be handy if you deal with international customers, just as a advice.
I’m not really sure what you tried to write.

thanks! yes, my english is pretty horrible, i am really sorry…i meant…if i am going to model, for example a car, how could i know if my model is print-ready? what are the technical aspect i must consider , in a 3d space, in order to make my object printable?

You can use the slicer software (Cura, Slic3r, etc…) to slice your 3D model without actually printing it. That way you can pretty much see how the finished model could possibly look like. There’s still the art of printing and understanding all the minutiae, but you’ll get a pretty good idea if your model is printable and how it would work out.

[duplicate, the forum seems buggy atm]

[duplicate]

You can check your model with the 3D Printing Toolbox addon that comes with blender

Be aware of thinks like overhangs, minimum thickness etc. Check the websites of printing companies / machines to see minimum specifications

Is not that easy. Each 3d printer has its limitations and its way of printing, talking about minimum thickness, limited subdivision, avoiding booleans at all costs, etc. If someone asks you for a 3d printable model, he should give you the specifications of the 3d printer as well. Also, btw, sotware that “test” your model for 3dprinting (as the above user did) is usually totaly worthless. Dont waste your time with those.

There is a plugin for Blender that prepares 3D models for 3D printing automatically. Also, if you don’t have a printer and if you want to 3D print it professionally, Fabrelicoffers 3D Printing with a hand-painted service and it seems like there is going to be a section for 3d artists to sell 3D characters. I thought this hand painted 3d printed collectible is pretty awesome.

Knowing the limitations of the printer is paramount. Shapeways and imaterialise have guidelines for minimum thicknesses for all of the materials they print, as I’m sure others do. Another thing to consider is the level of detail you are shooting for. I’ve had several pieces that looked great on my computer but once printed they looked like hot garbage due to the detail being too small.