Best place to learn a good workflow?

I’m still fairly new to Blender and 3D modeling, I’ve managed to find good tutorial channels like Blender Guru, CG Geek and others. However with a lot of them I question how useful the model would be for an actual animation(some videos have weird stuff like overlapping faces and objects). So I wanted to know what most people thought was the best place to learn a good modeling workflow to make stuff that I can use in animation or games, not just still renders. I’m considering getting a CG Cookie account, but I wanted to know if anyone had any other recommendations.

so you want to make characters. my favorite method is to sculpt, then use retopo to build a mesh on top of the sculpt. there is a lot of info out there on facial topology for animation, and the other thing is to put at least three or four edge loops around the joints. and make sure your topology flows somewhat with the contours of your object, which will help it move naturally.

Thanks for the advice, I’ll keep it in mind whenever I start modeling characters. I’m also interested in modeling props and static objects. I can do simple stuff mostly fine, but when shapes start getting complicated then I have trouble figuring out how to make it, and keep everything in quads.

EDIT: I guess my main issue with models is, I want to be able to make something and know that it’s modeled and UV’d and everything and usable in a professional production.

I can do simple stuff mostly fine, but when shapes start getting complicated then I have trouble figuring out how to make it, and keep everything in quads.

Complex Shapes are often done with Nurbs, this video demonstrates good what I mean, maybe a part of the puzzle thats missing in your workflow.

you can also make a compound object ( consisting of multiple objects ) then use retopo to build a unified surface.