Kitchen Recreation

Hi guys,

Here is my attempt to recreate my kitchen in blender using filmic blender. Any comments / critiques are very welcome and much needed, so if you have any thoughts on this one please share them with me so that I can improve my work.

Thanks

There is not to much to be said her, you’ve left nothing at all, great work ended, Just a fast question, how did you made the glass shader to be transparent and reflected at the same time,? When I do that, the 2 faces of the glass get reflected or don’t get anything at all,

Looking great! Well detailed, nice materials, really good work.

Only two things are bugging me.

• Why the skewed angle? :confused: what’s the purpouse? To me it’s only annoying. Gratuitous tilting of the camera does not make the image any more interesting IMHO.
  • For the ammount of light that is coming from the outside the exterior trees behind the window look extremely dim. I don’t think you could achieve that even by some serious HDR bracketing. If it’s photorealism you are after I think this ruins it a little. If taken by a normal camera the exterior would be extremely overblown. With hdr I think it would still be brighter…

Total details:

• the bright red toaster in the corner there seems to kind of draw too much attention.
  • for some reason the oven material seems a little weird to me. Not sure why though :(. maybe a little too plastic? should it be more reflective?
  • The handels on the top of cupboards? I get that one could be a dishwasher, but does the rest really open from the top as well?
  • No light switch or electrical outlet anywhere? :stuck_out_tongue:

really good work man! (or woman).

Thank you both very much for your comments.

alf0 I avoid using the glass shader although there are certain items in this scene that use the glass shader. Instead I prefer using a combination of transparent and glossy which pretty much does the work. I actually came across that shader tip some time ago in this forum and it proved very handy.

.Adam. your comments are valuable. You know when sometimes you are into a project that much, you lose perspective and you need someone to point out the mistakes.

I totally agree with you on the handles of the cupboards and the power supply. I totally forgot to place any light switches or electric outlet and two of the cabinets are dysfunctional!

As far as the oven material is concerned I tried to approximate my sister’s oven which is pretty much the same. The paint seems to have some sort of enamel quality with little reflection and that was the closest I could get.

When it comes to the toaster I believe that balances somehow the green color which prevails on the right half of the picture.

I will make the adjustments you’re suggesting regarding the camera angle and the lighting hoping to achieve a more balanced and photorealistic result. Since I’m rendering on cpu, that might take some time (last render took 18 hours!).

Thanks again!

Cool, I’ll try it

That’s the node set up. In case you want your glass to have a certain tint you can connect a volume absorption node to the volume and give it the color you want.

Hope that helps!

Cool, thanK’s man

Oh yeah, I know that feeling :D. Be sure to share when you re-render, really cool image.

So, after some time I decided to give it another render adding some minor details and changing the lighting.

I don’t know about you guys, but I kind of think the first was better than this one.

What do you think?

Will it’s pretty cool, but the sun light on the first played anice role on giveing a great look to the scene

fixed with the iphone

btw you can fix the noise by rendering passes and denoise indirect diffuse layer. Im using Ms nlmeans c noise 2 addon for GIMP 2.

here is my kitchen denoised by this technique:

There is one thing that makes the image look fake: chimney. Make the chimney more smooth and try changing the color of it to something dark greyish black color. Otherwise it is great.