Titanic

So I’m unsure if this belongs in the WIP section, but I’ve been working on my titanic over the past few weeks and I just can’t get the smoke right. I’ve tried making it thicker, lighter, darker, thinner but no matter what I do it just doesn’t look right. Is there a way to set the smoke scale other than changing the time scale? Any help here would be fantastic.
PS: This render hasn’t gone through any composite nodes yet because of the smoke issue.

Can’t really help with the smoke too much. but the model looks excellent! Bump map on sides seems a little too high.

The smoke would be more white in color right? As it’s just steam. Also, not 100% on this, but I think only 3 of the chimneys actually worked. One was just for show.

I believe increasing the smoke domain resolution will make the sim appear “bigger”. To address your smoke material problem (if you haven’t tried this already) I would try removing the volume absorption node and just using the volume scatter node.

…or you can go 2d!

Can’t it be a lighting issue? It looks to me as if the light comes from the rear of the ship, it just hits the side. That would mean that we look at the shadow side of the smoke mostly.