Anyone do a beginners tutorial for this?

Can someone please do a beginners tutorial for this, from beginning to end, including all keys?

Thankyou :slight_smile:

On behalf of the entire universe, let me say this:

No.

A tutorial for a tutorial sounds a bit overkill though

That video is already actual tutorial.

If there are things not clear in it then you should tell us what those are. If you don’t know how to create the starting scene then you should not be doing such a tutorial to begin with.

Notice he doesn’t start from scratch. There are a couple of areas that don’t seem to work for me, lack of certain key presses awareness.

Yeremyah, for the basics you should just fiddle with the software, explore the keyboard shortcuts (there is a complete list inside preferences), try clicking stuff. There are beginner tutorials for Blender, you’ll find those on youtube easily I reckon.

Just wanted help to understand how he lifts the edges.

No, it’s not hard to do. It’s the bare basic of blender…

Place the cursor at the center of the scene (Shift+S, Cursor to Center)
Create a plane (Shif+A, Mesh, Plane)
Go into EditMode (Tab)
Scale the plane as you which (S, and optional X,Y for constrains)
Select the far edge and extrude it (E, and optional Z for constrain)
Exit EditMode (Tab)
Add a Monkey (Shift+A, Mesh, Monkey)
Place and rotate it where you whant (G to grab/move, R to rotate)
Duplicate it (Shift+D) and repeat the last step for the new monkey.
Do the tutorial.

You must’ve missed the point of my reply. It’s not that it’s hard to do or that nobody can do it. It’s that nobody in their right mind is going to just do all that work just for you, for free. Why do you believe anybody would? This is not how the world works. I’m surprised you would even ask.

You really gotta learn to help yourself, or you will fail hard.

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast
ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them
under their feet, and turn again and rend you.”

Matthew 7:6

Secrop, thanks there was one step I had not got, I struggled with the far edge and extruding it, you have helped me, I appreciate your comments :slight_smile:

I worked it out, by right clicking on 1 edge, then holding Shift key and pressing right mouse button on the other edge, then E to extrude upwards, works great. Thanks again Secrop for your help.

Ok Hadriscus.

Some of what the previous poster’s have said is correct. There’s not much point trying to actually create if you’re not familiar with the program. Do a little study. Seeing as people are volunteering help on these boards, the least we can do in return is make an effort. :slight_smile:

Check that your view isn’t in perspective mode. I’ll let you figure out how to do that.

Yes, you need to grow up and become an adult.

Every time you are asking a question like that, you’re burning up social capital. People may help you once, or twice, but not indefinitely, especially if you’re obviously not making much of an independent effort yourself. You will run out of suckers to give you advice. You must spend your social capital more wisely.

Most people won’t tell you that, they will just stop replying. They’ll eventually ignore you. It’s not because they don’t have the skills, it’s because you’ve shown them that you’re a waste of time.

BB, that’s great news :slight_smile: So from now on I shall never hear from you ever again, cheers :slight_smile:

Macser, thanks.

Maybe…

But maybe you’ll think of me whenever you open another thread asking for a tutorial. In your darkest hours, when you get zero replies. When you’re out on the streets because you couldn’t find a tutorial on how to pay your rent. Then you’ll think “BeerBaron was right”.

lmao that’s super dramatic, love it

Yeremyah, BearBaron might sound really rude and harsh, however, it does not mean he is not right. In fact, despite of being rude and impolite, he is. I have seen many people trying to learn Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, zBrush, Photoshop and a lot of other software. And I have been asked for help by those people a lot of times. After a while you start to see a pattern. People who ask for help with the most basic things and want a tutorial for every possible scenario they can think off and then get really disappointed if there is no single tutorial for that and instead they have to read some documentation or watch two other tutorials instead of the one they wanted… They just never learn. They give up. Because there are no tutorials for everything. One has to think on his own and to put effort into what they do. It does not work any other way. You do have to grow up and think, try, put your effort. You have to do and fail and redo and fail again and redo again and fail one more time and redo and you have to be prepared to do that on your own. Other way you fail. They all do. Do you want to fail? Because you most definitely will, unless you do listen to BeerBaron here and now - you have to change your attitude towards 3d.

Martin, NP cheers, I got it all figured out now :slight_smile: