How do I get smoother curves with a low poly model?

Hey new to modeling but wanted to get some pointers on something.

I feel like I got most basic low poly modeling stuff down, but sometimes I see models that are slightly higher poly but way lower poly than something made in Zbrush or with dynatopo in Blender. Stuff like this:

or this

https://www.behance.net/gallery/16588335/Stone-Golem-Medium-Polycount

Nice even quads all over.

I’ve been learning Fusion 360 lately, and love these beautiful curves I can make in it, but when I export it as a mesh, the faces becomes a mess of ugly uneven triangles that are useless to work with. What the heck am I supposed to do to fix that?

I try using a remesh modifier in Blender but it just ends up ruining the curves with some chunky blocky shapes, unless I turn up the octree iterations up so high that it’s basically a hi-poly model.

What am I missing here?

Does Fusion export in OBJ? Also can you control the poly count in Fusion during export? I use MOI3D a lot for modeling but going from NURBS to Polys is always a bit of a mess. Plus to keep those beautiful curves you need a lot of polygons.

Also the Remesh mod is a tricky one, but if you learn how to use it it is a very handy way of working a mesh into something useable while also keeping the poly count low, I actually use it as a Decimate modifier.

For modeling in blender use the subdivision modifier for that.
For your problem with importing from Fusion 360, I can’t tell you for sure, since i havent seen the files or used fusion 360. But Id imagine from my experience with other software that you might be glossing over some options while exporting. What file format are you exporting with fusion 360? There could be an option in the export window for exporting quads vs triangles.