Cartoon MA house

Hi, this is my last work. A cartoonish house totally based on the excellent Pierrick Picaut’s tutorial. It took me lots of hours to end it and I’m pretty proud of the result. My house is smaller than Pierrick’s one, but it’s still a lot of time to do !!! I added some characters I made before. Great thanks to you Pierrick, I find your work very inspiring. I would like to improve and get such habilities !!! Anyway, I learnt so much, and now I hope I will keep it in memory. All done in Blender, the image is 2445 x 3600, 1000 passes and a little postproduction in Photoshop. Feedbacks are welcome. Cheers.

1 Like

Very nice. I love it.

Thank you very much.

I bought the course and haven’t finished it yet. It is pretty challenging. good job. I like the mossy look you have on the stones.

You bought it too ? Ok, cool !! I wish you good luck and a lot of patience. Because, yes, it’s pretty challenging. But it’s worth. I learnt a lot. Pierrick Picaut’s work is very inspiring, I find.

That tutorial sure paid off, your work looks fantastic! The lighting is great. How long was the tutorial and do you mind if I ask you how much it was? You don’t have to answer of course if you don’t want to.

Thanks. I think There is about 30 vidéos of tutorial. And each one is about 10 to 35 mns. So it’s a few hours :slight_smile:. It was about 49 $ the whole course.

Thanks for the reply! Was really interested in that so that’s why I wanted to ask. I plan on investing more money on tutorials because I definitely want to get better at Blender.

Very nice!

Thank you spec24. Bakerlee, I totally agree with you, tutorials make us improve very much. And we need to buy some, sometimes.

WAW!!! I can be proud of you :slight_smile:

The result is awesome and I love the fact you’ve added some life with these little characters.
I’m so glad you’ve made it till the end, that is the best testimony of your will to learn, congratulation.

On the critical size, maybe you should reduce the glow from the sun source.
Also, I would cheat using some fill light on the left as the most detailed part of your house is in the dark.
Having some rim lighting, even if not realistic, would enhance the artwork.

Again, congratulation !
This is so rewarding for me :slight_smile:

…You should also make your characters slightly higher as the door and stone steps look giant compared to them :slight_smile:

The rope may need a little more resolution, check out your curves properties.

There will be some big discount on the blendermarket on the 10th of june.
The course is 12h00 long and you’ll get all the resources (textures, HDR) and all blender files for each step of the tutorial.

Thank you very much Pierrick for all your advice. I tried to fix all the things you said. I hope the result is better now ? I’m very proud of what you said about it. I tried to do my best !!!
Here is the new result:

Very good.
the fill light is a bit too strong as both side of the house are now at yhe same level.

You’re right. Here is the last version. It’s very difficult to find the perfect level !!! :smiley:

Yeah, the feedback has served you very well…I was trying to find the characters in the original, I saw their little spots but didn’t think that was what you were talking about. Now that the lighting is…“fixed”, they’re much more obvious.
Either way, the artwork is beautiful.

That’s way better.
Congratulation for having the will to complete the course.
That’s a great achievement :slight_smile:

well the rating says everything… It’s amazing

Thank you for your comments. And a big thank to Pierrick for your precious advice. Cheers !!!