It is better to use a Graphical Tablet for modelling in Blender?

I am new to Blender.
I find that many youtubers seem to use mouse and keyboard only when using Blender.
However, when I am sculpting, I can hardly brush on it with my mouse.
Is it a technical problem or is it better to use a tablet insteads?

With limited budget, I plan to buy Intuos 3D or Intuos pro small.
Which one is better for 3D modelling and sculpting in your opinion?

Thank you so much

I have an old Bamboo tablet and to be honest I hardly use it except for sculpting on rare occasions, although think it is mostly personal preference.

you are using it for sculpting 2D models or 3D models?

When I use it I mostly use it for 3D sculpting. I have never done any 2D sculpting so I can’t speak to its usefulness there.

its just all personal preference. I started sclupting using a mouse and its hard for me to switch to a tablet for sclupting. but if you are comfortable with the tablet, then it works for you. The tablet comes in real handy when painting and texturing. its hard to paint with a mouse. and the pen has a more natural feel to it then. So whatever you choose is the right way.

I use Wacom Intous from time to time. I got it mainly for sculpting but enjoy using it even for modelling sometimes. I suppose I do not do that much sculpting, so it really does not make much difference to me if I have to use a mouse for sculpting. It’s nice to have a pen tablet and it’s pleasant to use when you get used to it. For me it has some sort of ‘easy’ feeling, not to have to push the mouse around - everything seems more effortless and easier somehow. Is it necessary? I wouldn’t say so. You can definitely work comfortable enough without it in most cases (unless you are into digital painting and all the stuff that obviously requires one). Maybe it’s only my perspective. I would say if you want to treat yourself for your birthday or something, that’s a good reason to get it. But I don’t think you can use not having it as an excuse for not getting good results in your work. :wink:

Oh, and if you are getting it, I would say Intous is good. Some people want bigger ones before even trying a tablet, but I think you should try smaller one first. I wouldn’t like a big one because you have to move your hand a lot when it’s big and I prefer a smaller distance for my hand to move - it doesn’t matter, because you navigate in the digital space anyway. I think I would get tired waving my hands all around like in Minority Report. :smiley:

I bought a intuos pro small yesterday, and started to get used to it!!
the middle click button is so good!