ArchLinux Users

Hi, I’m just wondering how many arch/antergos users there are in here. I’ve just made the switch from ubuntu based linux to arch-based antergos. So far i’m happy, but there are some snags i need to iron out. And if there are someone in here that are experienced in here, i would be happy if that person/persons could help me out a little… It is especially related to pixar renderman in my case. I’ve gotten the installer out of the rpm, but i get an error trying to log in to get the licence file. It fails, and people at the renderman forum tells me that it has to do with qt and ssl. I can’t figure out which package to install that contains libssl1.0. And the installer needs that file to work… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve gotten most other programs to work.

Anyways. :slight_smile: Have a nice one.

I’ve been using Arch for 4 - 5 years, and had no problems licensing renderman (using it is a different matter since I have some extensions missing in my graphics driver).

Are you using the stable branch, or testing? I use testing which may have different versions of qt and ssl.

I’m using the one I downloaded from here… https://antergos.com/try-it/
if i run ‘cat /proc/version’ this is what i get:

Linux version 4.10.13-1-ARCH (builduser@tobias) (gcc version 6.3.1 20170306 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 27 12:15:09 CEST 2017

It’s antargos… But after what i’ve heard it’s practically the same as arch. It at least uses the same repositories…

I’ve been using linux for years… but i’m not an advanced user… i know some stuff. but when it comes to figuring out spesific problems with libraries and stuff, i feel a bit lost… :slight_smile:

This is what comes out if i run the program qtdiag-qt5:

Qt 5.8.0 (x86_64-little_endian-lp64 shared (dynamic) release build; by GCC 6.3.1 20170306) on “xcb”

How do I find out if it is the testing version?

-c-

i tried running the installer with a debugger, and noticed that the installer uses qt5.6,1 while i have version 5.8.0 installed… i think… :stuck_out_tongue: Do you think that is a problem?

I’ve not played with Renderman on Arch yet, but a Qt version difference could be the issue. There’s a Qt 5.6 package in the AUR that installs Qt 5.6.2. That might be worth trying.

okay… will that mess up the 5.8.0 install? or will it remove that and install the other? Or maybe it keeps both? i have no idea… :slight_smile:

Generally on Arch itself when there’s a x.x version of a package it will co-exist with main version. However, despite the distro you are using being “practically the same” there are almost certainly some differences, which makes helping from a pure Arch base unreliable.

Have you tried the Antergos forums? Surely someone else has come against the same issue.

If it conflicts, pacman should warn you.

hmm… okay… :slight_smile: thanks…
I’ll let you guys know if i get it to work. Have some work i need to before i try. :slight_smile:

Top result for pixar renderman arch linux: