Tinted reflection and specular manipulation

Greetings !

I am coming from the Lightwave. So far, I like the Blender. Especially, some of the modelling tools. Cycles is nice too, but I have two problems, ergo two questions. How to manipulate the specular light (size, color, and intensity), and how to make strong and sharp colour tinted reflections (like the christmas ornaments)? Here I have a cup. It has a not too strong, but a sharp reflection (“medium” tinted), with a strong, intensive and sharp, white coloured specular light. If I make my object more reflective in Blender, the reflection of the environment is washing out the colours from my texture. I attached an extreme (ugly :slight_smile: ) Lightwave render. You see that the textured spheres have a colour tinted, sharp and strong reflection, with a white specular. Can I do this with Cycles? I know that this looks not realistic, but renderers are not just about realism. Futuristic sci-fi materials, or some artistic works need to go outside the PBR dimension. So, is it possible to render the same picture with Cycles? If yes, HOW???
Thank you for reading, and have a nice life!
Ivanics Ferenc

New photo by Ferenc Ivanics

OOps…how to attach my 3 images to the thread?

So…i tried to give links to my thread with the images. After some re editings, my thread dissapeared. Maybe it is on admin rewiev…Again: I don’t now how to attach images to my thread. This three:

And here is the dissapeared text:

Greetings !
I am coming from the Lightwave. So far, I like the Blender. Especially, some of the modelling tools. Cycles is nice too, but I have two problems, ergo two questions. How to manipulate the specular light (size, color, and intensity), and how to make strong and sharp colour tinted reflections (like the Christmas ornaments)? Here I have a cup. It has a not too strong, but a sharp and (“medium” tinted) reflection, with a strong, intensive and sharp, white coloured specular light. If I make my object more reflective in Blender, the reflection of the environment is washing out the colours from my texture. I attached an extreme (ugly  ) Lightwave render. You see that the textured spheres have a colour tinted, sharp and strong reflection, with a white specular. Can I do this with Cycles? I know that this looks not realistic, but renderers are not just about realism. Futuristic sci-fi materials, or some artistic works need to go outside the PBR dimension. So, is it possible to render the same picture with Cycles? If yes, HOW???
Thank you for reading, and have a nice life!

In Cycles, you have real specularity (not the legacy thing that draws a circle of light depending on where the lamp is).

Specular is controlled by the glossy node (where you can set the color to something nice and saturated if you need to), the hardness is controlled by the roughness parameter, and the intensity is controlled by a mix with other shader nodes (just mix with the output of the fresnal node if you have no need for perfect realism)

Sure this wasn’t moved to the “Materials & Textures” forum instead of deleted? This seems more like a question thread than modeling a thing/creating scene/animation thing and artistic presentation that seems to be the focus of the WIP forum. Of course if you get on with creating that cup and other stuff in the one pic, we could look past that. :wink:

Also if you want stretched reflections, anisotropic node would be worth looking at too in addition to glossy.

Anyhow… A real basic setup I do for non-metallics that are shiny are diffuse mixed with glossy controlled by a layer-weight facing. The glossy being desaturated variant of the same color and some roughness for the more spread out highlight. Then for the tighter bright highlight an add node, and a mix node controlled by fresnel. Then one socket on that mix is left with empty, and it uses another glossy that has bright white and low roughness for the hot spot in the reflection. I think that should make enough sense?