Battlestar

I have been working on this one for a week or so now…and I really did under estimate how much work would be involved in it :eek:
Battlestars really do have a ton of detail on them, so I’m not that sure how good my one will look, but adding in the small stuff is pretty much like doodling so I have found, just go with the flow and see what happens.

This is one of the turret guns. I have been basing my design on the battlestar from the remake of the series, though I have only seen one or two eposides. It wasn’t on free to air TV over here when it came out and I’m way to mean to pay for stuff on the tv. I was a big fan of the original series though.

Main problem at the moment are the engines. They are a weird old shape and I can’t get a reference image that shows how they connect to the main body.

Anyway, thoughts, comments and advice are most welcome. Thanks for dropping by.

For the bottom picture i dont like the sticking out gun bits, they look odd at the ending. I like the top picture but feel more detail needs to be added to it

Cheers for the comment, HK.

On the gun the bits that stick out at the end of the barrel were on a reference photo I was using, but now that I have added some guns to the main ship they appear very small, so I guess the small details on the guns will probably never be seen anyway.

I agree, the ship itself needs lots more detail, so it’s back to doodling for me.