Kitchen archviz

Hiya,

Yet another WIP thread. I tend to make tons of these over time it seems…

Anywho. I’ve been fiddling about with this as an excersize for a few weeks with not overly many hours put in but I’ve not had much time. It’s been nice to add a bit of details here, put in the tap, the sink…

Actually. Much like the real kitchen that this is modeled after. Reference photo included.
Models are mostly basic beveled/extruded boxes. Simple glossy materials for most stuff. The one texture I’m so far using is for the floor. Light by HDRI. I’ve used a setup for the light that I found of some tutorial for interior scene lightning with HDRI. Currently at 1650 samples in the viewport.

Fire away on the critique plz!

Reference.

Seems pretty good, But the tiles could do with a bit more shininess, i also dont like the way the tiles join with the roof, it seems off somehow.

The rest is all pretty solid, im not sure what type of kitchen you are going for but u may want to add imperfections, but thats more optional

Thanks. Yep I think I need to work on the materials a bit more overall. Trying to get a hold on how cycles handles things.

As for what kind of kitchen I’m going for well, it’s the one in the second image. That’s my kitchen today, sans the yet not installed vent.
That said I am going for a more architectual visualization style so while I agree that imperfections are needed, I’d like it to be clean overall with details added. A cutting board with a knife and maybe some fruit etc. Like you’d have for a house showing.