We Didn't Kill The Forum (a "We Didn't Start The Fire" parody)

Hello everyone!

Well I’ve finally managed to make my 10 posts so I can now post a link to my YouTube video and get some real feedback from some experienced Blenderers.

First a bit of background info.

I decided to create an animation to poke a bit of fun at the posters on a local Sheffield based internet forum (named changed in the video to protect the innocent!) who always seem to be complaining about how the forum is dying, but don’t seem to realise that they themselves are the ones responsible for its demise.

I appreciate that because it’s a local forum and the video makes fun of local issues using local phrases and place names the video will probably not be fully understood by a wider audience, but as it’s my first attempt at 3D animation (and I’ve never had any formal training in art or design) I would still like your comments on where I’m going wrong and how I could improve it.

Although it’s always nice to receive praise, I’m really looking for a bit of constructive criticism that will help me improve my future animations.

I realise that I probably now need to concentrate on making shorter videos of better quality (as in more detailed animation) but by jumping in feet first and creating a ‘full story’ video first I think it’s helped me learn how to achieve lots of different techniques in a relatively short time, even though I know those techniques still need lots of improvement.

Here it is then… Thanks.

For you first attempt for 3d Animation, that’s pretty good! The movements on the character was stiff and you could do some more close up shots of the singers at an angle in between switching cameras.

Hi!
Yes I agree, thanks for that.

One reason why I moved the camera behind the character and didn’t do a close up was a bit of a cheat so that I didn’t have to do so much lip syncing - it was fun but very tedious! :o

Yes, it always is. Just something to think about later.