Armature bones moving/rotating child objects incorrectly

Hello,

I parented all of my model’s objects properly such as Left.Wrist -> Left.Arm -> Body, etc… and added constraints, so they rotate only in the correct directions. Now I’m adding bones so I can animate with and reuse Action Clips, but when I rotate the bones the rotations go crazy and pieces move out of place. I locked the rotations the same way, but I don’t see how to lock them to an origin point or something.

Rotating the left wrist- CORRECT

Rotating the left wrist bone - WRONG

When I added bones, I made sure to create them from the center vertex of the child object so i’m confused why when I move/rotate the bones, the objects swing far away all crazy. What should I look for? Does it sound like I blew away a constraint or do something out of order?

Thank you,
SB

looks like i forgot to attach my blend file (sry - just had a baby and was very very sleep deprived). I still haven’t figured out how to solve this.

To recreate the issue:

1. grab an arm bone
  2. rotate it

You’ll see that the parent arm swings far away instead of staying with the bone! The parent objects have constraints
thank for reading this,
SB

Hey, you have 'child of ’ constraints on your objects targeting the other objects - but you 'parented ’ them to bones. Remove the 'child of ’ constraints and re position your parts and you should be good.

ajcdfin, that worked!!!

thank you so much for taking the time to check out my file. i really appreciate it. I’ve got stuck on that issue for a long time. have a great day!