Shadow Layer not showing. What am I doing wrong?

Hello, I followed this tutorialand have been scratching my head because the shadow layer is not showing in my render (or in that background image in the node editor).

Can anyone help me see where I went wrong?

Much appreciated!!

composite test.blend (1.78 MB)

I figured out that switching the Image inputs on that Subtract node lets the shadow layer appear, but the plane itself shows up as a darker overlay, instead of just the shadow on the plane.
Also, I need to use a different photo in the background. I changed the photo in the node and on the background of the Camera Perspective. However the actual Render (top right view) shows the background way larger than it looks in my Camera Perspective (bottom right view) and no longer matches up with the angles :spin:

EDIT: Nevermind, I still have the same image problem
Well it turns out it was just that one photo I was using that was rendering too large. Any other photos I’ve used have worked correctly; not sure what happened.
But I still dont know why the plane (used to catch the shadows) shows up as a slightly darker overlay (you can see the plane in the top left of my last image, the dark rectangle). Got the shadows working, but the plane darkens the scene as well unfortunately…