How to properly solidify curve paths?

So, every time i need to make a tube from a path, i have the exactly same problem. I cant figure out what im doing wrong. It doesnt matter if i use a bezier curve, a path, or a nurbs. I always get a completely deformed result. I also applied transforms.

I tried using a nurbs circle (like in the image) as the bevel object, and i tried just adding bevel to the curve with the options within. No changes. How do i do this in the correct way??

Attachments

Well from the image it looks like you didn’t apply scale on the curve object (the carry handle). That would cause some distortion. Scaling and transforms on the bevel object though, are fairly robust, in my experience. So I don’t think that’s an issue. Other than that I don’t see anything obvious.

Change your Preview U to at least 12 or more ?

Might want to see the curve splines before conversion, sometimes that tells what’s going on too. I know with free handles, sharp bends don’t do too well because there’s no way to differently scale the bevel shape. (If along the length of the curve is considered “Z”, then there’s no way to re-scale “X” or “Y” of the bevel shape separately along each curve point.) So you get this odd pinch thing going on. The same is true regardless if curve handles are too closely placed. One thing you can do to help with adjusting the U value and fine tuning points and/or handles is to turn on wires and display all wires for the curve object. Even in curve mode, this will give a preview of the actual mesh before converting to mesh.