Kitchen/Dining Room

This was not my first try doing interiors, but the first time I’m pretty happy with the result (Although I still have a long way to go).

I usedd the denoiser, and it was fantastic! Apart from some artifacts it created in the glass material (you can see it in the attatched image).

I’ve learned some new thing on the way, like how the clamp direct affects the Hdr image- keeping it really low, e.g 0.5, ruins it’s colors.

Let me know what you think.

P.S the plants are from Blender Guru :slight_smile:

You forgot two legs on the table.

Hi big bad. It’s actually supposed to be this way. It’s a table that’s attached to the wall.

Man this is nice, I like everything here, it looks realistic,
Fast question, is it the world settings, that makes this results, or the textures,? Or maybe there is something else,
You don’t need to answer this if you don’t feel to,
But I really like your works, good job

Hi, alf0. Thanks!
It’s really everything combined: modeling, textures and world/light settings. To me, the modeling and world/light settings are the hardest part. If I get them right, I know that all that’s left for me to do is to find good quality textures to apply to the objects.

Good lord, so do I need to do something to the world settings, whine I start blender, because I really tryd lots of time to do something like this but I always seems to fail, I don’t know,I feel like I am missing something,

Don’t be alarmed:)
I reccomend following this tutorial:

But, the first few times will probably result in not so great renders. I know from experience, even when I did exactly as explained, I would get bad looking images. Even now, I still have things I can improve. It’s all about patience and practicing the right way.

Oh, cool though I cant really imagine you with this results could actually do something bad, Thanks for the link, I’ll try doing this ASAP :slight_smile:

Nice render.
Can you tell me what is the light setting ? (Only HDRi ? Sun lamp ?..)
Thank you.

Thanks, Thomas.
I used an Hdri and also a sun lamp at size 2 to avoid hard shadows. And of course, I used the filmic color correction.

Hey bro,

Nice render to begin with. My only concern with this is the lighting. I’m no genius when it comes to this but it just doesn’t look very ‘realistic’. It seems as if there are strong lights coming from all angles. Based on the shadows of the chairs by the table it would appear that light is coming from camera left. Based on the shadow cast by the light fixture it seems as if there is a light coming from camera right as well. Lastly, there’s a window in the scene and I would assume light is coming through it as well.

Possible solution:
What I would do is use one light as my main light. This light would cast a shadow and I would do so by reducing the size of the light. Normally I would let the main light source be coming from a window/door but that’s just personal preference. That main light would contribute most of the light in the scene. After that, I would add some fill lights just to add a little light to areas that are underexposed. I’d also make those light sources larger to lower the likelyhood of shadows.

Cool tip:
The larger the light source, the softer the light… The smaller the light source, the harder the light (sharper shadows)

Hey, valdano. Thanks for your comment!

I didn’t even notice that the shadows of the chairs go to a different direction. Thanks for pointing that out. Perhaps I need to rotate my Hdri to fix that.

As for underexposed areas, that isn’t a problem when using the filmic color management and crancking up the light.

You have a range with no active vent system. And, no, down draft systems don’t actually work.

? I didn’t quite understand what you’re saying… Can you explain?

21.6 update: I googled vent system and now I get ut. But you know what, I don’t have one in my own kitchen at home, so… i just modeled it like what I know. I guess it’s popular, so maybe I’ll add one in my next kitchen project :slight_smile:

That’s weird. Cooking smells linger for days without one, especially when cooking Indian food.

You’re right. It’s better to have one in the kitchen. But until then, I just keep the window open :wink:
And how about the fact I didn’t add a refrigerator? HAHA I only realized this after posting. But I had to let this project go and begin new one.

Haha I leave out the range so many times because I don’t have one, nor have I ever lived anywhere that had one :(. It seems to be a very nice thing ti have though. The fridge is my favourite place so I wouldn’t forget that haha.