Blender freezes for a few seconds every few moments?

Hi there. I’m a new Blender user, and for some reason, Blender would freeze for a few seconds every few moments (complete program halt; white screen shows). It’s inconvenient and frustrating. I have no idea why. Can someone help me out? Thanks! I’m on Windows 10.

System Specs:

CPU: Intel i7-2600k @ 4.2GHz
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 1600MHz
GPU: ZOTAC nVidia GTX 1070

i think your computer is too slow. but how would i know!? you never told me what computer you have.

I’ve edited my post to include my system specs, sorry for not mentioning them!

Learn to read your system’s behavior & processes. Observe through task manager, GPU-Z, CPU-Z, benchmarks, memory tests… find the bottleneck. Might be some security process blocking, checking on every action, or else conflicting, running alongside (also, could be a trojan or…). Nowadays with telemetry and constant connection, update checks, this kind of problems are not so unusual anymore. i.e. Some time ago have observed win update process diminishing Corona’s computing capabilities…

Best thing would be to find your local master administrator - ‘machine doctor’ and have him/her diagnose, look at your system while running.

With all due respect, I’m not particularly sure how this helps if it’s strictly a Blender issue… Also, you gave an incredibly broad answer that doesn’t really give any hint as to how to properly diagnose the issue and is more related to system diagnosis in general. I’m fairly confident that my computer is running just fine.

Do you know of anything specific to Blender for me to examine?

you could try deleting the user prefs file. a search will show you it lives in appdata. moving the file is like deleting it.

it could also be the infamous driver update issue.