Rusted Knight

Did some character modeling practice. How do you think it could be improved.

Doesnt look like rust, but nice model.

Looks like something that would completely fit into something like Demon’s Souls. Great job! :eyebrowlift:

If you’re asking how it could be improved I’m not sure what the grey pants under the armor are. Maybe add detail or something interesting there?

What metal is the armor made out of? If it’s copper or bronze, the rust should be blue-green. If it’s iron or steel, the armor shouldn’t look gold. If the armor is literally gold (that has problems of its own), it shouldn’t have rust at all.

Either way, the rust should respond to the geometry of the armor more. Think about where there should be scratches, where dirt and dust would build up, where rust would really grow, etc.

Generally, do the textures and colors make sense? (paraphrased from Andrew Price)

Thank you for all the feedback.

The Armor is meant to be copper, I did not know of the differences of rust depending on the metal. I will look into it more.

Also, the textures are all completely procedural. So I don’t really have the ability to decide where the rust is and isn’t located. Regardless I will take into consideration what you have said.

Based on feedback I have modified the model a small amount.