Blender triangulate system?

Making a normal map for Unreal I have “discovered” a problem with blender and I want ask for solution for this.

Blender have different triangulate system, ok, this is normal… but why do he uses a different triangulate system when you bake a texture map that when you export for example for Unreal? I know that the “solution” is triangulate all the mesh (destroying the pipeline if you use custom normals).

For example, you make a bake of a normal map, but then you triangulate a polygon you broke the UVs… and the default triangulate method is diffent to “fixed”.

Do we have a way to force a “fixed” triangulate method for all the mesh like in other software? or have a closed “triangulation” like in 3dsmax

The non manual triangulate options available to you are https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/modeling/modifiers/generate/triangulate.html

Yeah, the problem with that is that you broke the custom normals. it forces you to collapse and destroy your geometry.

you can flip the direction of the edge in the edges menu.

1 Like

But only you can do that in triangles. You cannot decide how do you want that the model solve the quads/ngons internal triangles. And you cannot work with a triangle mesh because you lose al the loops pipeline.

1 Like