Game Demo

hey guys, I just wanted to share with you some work I have been doing with the GE. development of the game has been easy thanks to the blender community. As part of the GPL license I believe its free to copy share and modify the level so you can also do that.
For now I am planning to make a few games with the engine which are obviously going to be free.
here’s a link to the executable game file. https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArHdHPiw34bx4TI6PZXwZfr8Ub5i

The image looks interesting. And nice 17fps :stuck_out_tongue: What did you do?

not really, I tried making everything in the game alive from the trees to the grass. in the beginning all things animated were using an always sensor which was not very efficient but I found a work around which gave me some more frames per second

also my pc isn’t that good the gpu I have is a GT card, so am hoping people with GTX’s will be okay

checkout upbge and static mesh batching and instances

Well use vsync off. For the trees and grass there is an addon: https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?413060-GLSL-Wind-Shader-v0-2-UPDATE-15-04-17
Did you used Alt+d to duplicate or shift + D? Are the trees hight poly or lowpoly? Yep switch to UPBGE. :slight_smile:

Your videogame is over 160 megabytes.How big is it really?

Its around 500mb

I used shift+d but is there a difference between the two

here are some more shots I took

There’s a big difference between alt+d and shift+d. Shift+d copies the object and creates a new mesh for it. Alt+d keeps the mesh and copies the object, so that both objects have the same mesh. You can edit one mesh and the others will change too. This is a lot better on performance in bge. For wind, there’s a windShader created by majoue which is a lot better than using animations to stimulate wind.
Anyways, it’s looking pretty good and I think with a little optimization you can make it run smooth as well.

I should have done that but anyways this is my first trial i hope to do better in the next ones, thanks btw let me also check out the windshader