Exported files lose the textures and uv maps

Hi!

I have a perfectly textured model in blender, and it works just perfectly in native format. But when I try to export it either to .obj, .wrl or .x3d the textures and uv maps just disappear. I’m trying to create a .obj to work with it on Photoshop and later create a VRML file to print it, so any solution in both formats would be great!

I’m new both to blender and the forum, so apologies for any mistakes and my awful English. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Edit: I know there are millions of treads about this but neither of the solutions in them work for me.

Need more detail and a demo blend file and .obj that demonstrates the issue.

What are the material settings and how have you added the texture (image or node or procedural ?)
What renderer are you using (I assume Blender Render if you want to export the material as .obj)

The .wrl format I believe exports vertex colours, not image textures

I’m using node editor and introducing the image texture node for texturing. I’m using cycles render, that may be the origin of the problem.

I’m using node editor and introducing the image texture node for texturing. I’m using cycles render, that may be the origin of the problem.

Edit: I know there are millions of treads about this but neither of the solutions in them work for me.
If you had really looked at the search results you would actually know that exporting cycles node materials to .obj will not work. This has be raised in numerous threads
For example https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?358896-How-do-I-export-materials-and-textures-from-cycles-render

Thanks!
How can I export a cycles render textured model?