Character becomes black after rendering

I am new in Blender
I have downloaded a file which is an animation in blender.
When I render it, it becomes a black character. (The character is supposed to be colourful)
Is it because my computer doesn’t have graphic cards?

Are there any lights in the scene ? If not then it will be black
No information supplied about what materials you are using (supply .blend file)

After I add a light near the character, the character becomes colourful,
however, when I play the animation, the scene is not running. It stays at the scene that was before I pressed the “start playing” button.

help me plz…

Help yourself by suppling us a link to your blend file so we have something to actually look at !!

Is the model animated at all ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-JjMuHYLbxdYUszejFZWVBDQlE/view?usp=sharing

the file is uploaded,
sorry for not uploading before:(

After I add a light near the character, the character becomes colourful,
however, when I play the animation, the scene is not running. It stays at the scene that was before I pressed the “start playing” button.

It won’t draw viewport animation playback if you’re in rendered viewport mode.

Thank you!!
Actually I want to make a cartoon animation, if I cannot play the animation in rendered viewport mode, what will be my cartoon like?
Will the cartoon be rendered in the final version?

If you change the viewport mode to solid, then run the animation, it will show the animation that will be rendered. On any frame of the animation you can switch back to the rendered view to see a preview of the final frame.

The final rendered animation will probably take hours to render. You can’t expect it to be previewed in realtime. The other viewport modes use old school shortcuts to put the model on the screen. To preview in realtime you need those shortcuts.