Animations not play whilst not looking.

So I’m making a boss level for my game, and on of the bosses attacks is tied to an animation. Problem is is that if I’m not looking at the where the rig would be the animation never plays meaning the attack never happens. I’ve run acrossed this issue several times before and have never found a fix. I’m sure this is a part if blenders attempt to optimize the game, but its ticking me off, how do I make it so that the animation plays regardless of wether the in game camera faces it or not.

I highly doubt it is connected to some kind of optimization. It seems more likely its a bug in your setup.
Provide a test blend pls.

It actually most likely is due to animation culling as this is a feature in the BGE which unfortunately cannot be turned off. See this thread for some solutions.

We had a similar issue at work, though I can’t remember the exact situation. We were using UPBGE , and solved it by setting the culling bounds for the object (UPBGE API docs) to really really big numbers. Not the prettiest solution, but it worked.
I believe panzergame was working on the ability to enable/disable culling for various objects, but I can’t remember if that was animation or physics or quite what it was.

So I solved it, kinda, I simply mad an extra bone and parented cubes placed all over the outside of the room covering all views to fix the problem

You do not need extra bones (but you could). You can add single vertices to the rigged mesh. As the vertices are isolated (not part of a triangle) they are not rendered, but still considered in the bounding box.