Alt + Left Mouse in Sculpt Mode caused work to disappear

Apologies if this has been mentioned in another area, but I’m rather new to Blender and recently ran into a strange issue that I have found no solution to as of yet. While working in Sculpt Mode, I was mistakenly holding Alt instead of Ctrl, then Left-clicked on the model and dragged across it. After that, it seemed as though the program loaded for a moment while keeping the cursor in place, and all of my recent sculpt work had disappeared. The model I was sculpting on hadn’t changed in any way, but all of the recent sculpting work I had done with it had disappeared entirely. I’d like to also mention that I do have my “Select With” input switched from the default, so I have it set to Select with the Left mouse.

I have tried using Ctrl + Alt + Z to go through the undo history, but this doesn’t mention any functions that could have caused it. Despite that I still tried using the Undo function, and while some of the History options are able to bring back a portion of the work, it also creates a variety of really strange abnormalities on the sculpt that would make this mostly unusable. Some of the Undo history options I’ve checked out just don’t work at all, or strangely the sculpt data on some are affected simply by which history option I was last using before choosing a different one.

I’ve looked high and low trying to figure out what the Hotkey combination of Alt + Left Mouse or even Alt + Right Mouse will do when in Sculpt mode, but I can’t find any info inside Blender or throughout the various resources available online. I’ve checked my base mesh to see if anything changed, and nothing is different. I checked my wireframe of the sculpt and the extra sculpt data just seems to be gone. And even going through the Undo history in wireframe, those just mirror the same sculpt info I’m seeing on the model itself (so it’s sometimes malformed, other times missing data).

The work I’ve lost isn’t much, but if somehow I’ve hidden it and made it so that Alt+H won’t unhide it, or moved it in such a way that it still exists within my scene and could possibly messed up the rest of the sculpt, or even just so I can know what not to do in the future, I’d like to figure this out. So if someone could explain what I may have done, and possibly how to properly undo it, that would be excellent. Thanks in advance.