Can I see a UV border on UV Mapping Editor

Hi.I’m a new blender user.
I have used Maya.
How can I check a UV border of mesh on UV editor like Maya UV Editor.
What’s the best way to check it ?

Best regards,
Ikuya

Hello. Could you clarify what you mean by “check” it? You can view and edit the Uv shells from a Uv image editor window.

Attachments

Hi Macser. Thank you for your reply.
This image is the screenshot of Maya UV Editor to clarify “check”.
Maya UV Editor has a function to thick a UV border of mesh.
The function is useful to connect UV edges.
I tried to find this function in blender. But I still have not found it.

I don’t think there’s a way to highlight the borders of your uv shells. If there is I haven’t seen it.

Using stitch inside the uv window (V key) will highlight the selected edges and show you how they connect.

Have two windows active. One for UV/Image, and one for model 3D view. For the UV editing to be active, the model in the 3D view has to be in edit mode. Also depending on some settings, you may also need to have an active selection for the elements which UVs are being modified. Likely if no UV is visible it may not be applied in the first place. On the 3D view, one of the tool tabs is for UVs, and you can access the command to unwrap from there. (I think there is also a hotkey, but I can’t recall at the moment.) At which point you should have something to work with in the UV’ing window.

Thank you guys!
OK,I’m starting to understand blender UV Editing.
I’ve come to be able to edit UV better than before.

I’m sure it’s a bit odd at first, if you’re used to Maya, or another program. But once you get a bit of experience you should find it very useful. Stitching is very handy with the uv project type of unwrap. And seems to lend itself well to more “boxy” objects.

Take note of the extra options that pop up on the header when you engage it. The one I use the most would be the I key. Where you engage stitching and it inverts the selection. This is useful if you already have a piece inside the uv space, and don’t want to move it. So you’re bringing other parts to it, as opposed to moving it to them.