bomberman 3d

Two days ago I was thinking about writing an android game Bomberman 3d. I am still newbie in blender but I am thinking about creating full assets for the game and here is my second attempt of creating the game logo (maybe logo - I don’t know yet).

added castle :slight_smile: - or something like that :D.

Attachments

Next version.:slight_smile: Game name is not defined yet.

Here is almost finished logo :smiley:

Okay, it looks good, but you need to be VERY careful with this. Since it’s going to end up as a fan game, you need tread carefully with trademark material. If Konami finds out about this when you launch it, you will get a Cease and Desist letter.

thank you very much! :). Sorry for so late reply, Hmm, I didn’t know that this game could be stopped in any way because I have seen many Bomberman clones with different names in google play store. Could you give me any hint what I can do?. I have changed the title to “Bomberman mission 3d” but I wanted to make this game like the classic. Will I have to change the appearance of the main character or game logic to not break copyright laws?

edit: ok, I have read something about the subject of making game clones :).

So, here’s the thing. You will have to actually change the character’s looks to avoid that letter. As far as the game logic, you may not have to change it. In the event that you do, you will need to try and see what the other “clones” offer in their game and try to offer some better upgrades or items to make it stand out. Just because Konami hasn’t came across them yet doesn’t mean that they won’t stop looking.

thank you for advice! :). You are right. I have changed the main character and game title. I will upload it after the rigging process :).

I have created a new character and changed a title but it’s still in progress :). I am still learning blender.

What does the face looks like?

There is no mouth yet.:smiley: I want to add face expression by shape key or by additional mesh, but there is no design doc for Bomberman yet. Because I just wanted to see if I manage to create graphics for Bomberman. Because I am able to do an animation and simple graphics, so I can do sprites and map elements. I don’t know what the future will bring, but I have done the other games so I am optimist x].

Btw. I had problems with assigning vertices to the bones around the shoulder (I must watch some tuts about it :slight_smile: ) - this is why the stomach is twisted in this position ( I could have fixed it by aligning shoulder bones to the same axis)

here is a front of the character (sorry for lighting) - I forgot to change it.

Attachments

Looks good. Now, you just gave to give it a snout and a mouth. Overall fix the face so that way it can show a bit more emotion.

thanks :). Yes, but after design doc when I will know all needed face expressions :slight_smile:

it’s time for design doc :slight_smile:

I have made some changes :slight_smile:

Attachments