game engine

hi so yesterday I was watching into Godot game engine tutorials ,actually I just started learning it 2 day’s ago, because I need to know more about game engines, not to mention that it has a great features like exporting your finished app into ios or android or even make it run on an html5 webpage, but the thing that I really notesd is that, Godot is really complicated in making game’s 2d or 3d game’s, unlike blender, where in Godot to create a simple object that has for example a spirit or a texture for other softwares, you have to go throughout a lots of things of what thy call them node’s, where you have to add a spirit node and then add the spirit itself, or the texture, which looks easy this way, but the more you go on ,on your game, the more you’ll feel the complicity of the software, like for ex, if you want to add a physics to your spirit or your texture object, on blender I, would just go to the physics panel, and switch it from being, static or no collision, to simply dynamic or rigdbody or softbody etc. in Godot, your going to have to add another node that called collision, and that would enable your spirit to have physics on the world, which is odd and pretty much have a long way to go, as I also notesd alot of stuff and stuff, as I was watching, and I really reached to this conclusion, we live now beyond 2010, and every software in the world have been trying to make itself easy to be used and understand , now I’ve never been into other game engines, beside blender and Godot, but a pretty much sow some tutorials about other engines, like unity, unreal engine, and other engines as well like fox engine, but of all this engines, only 2 that been really making them self clear about how easy thy are, blender 3d, which have this amazing brackets and coding system that makes it easy to control and order and know what or who is going to have a code on it, not to mention, how easy it is to control and add stuff to it’s world and simply changing it’s physics to whatever you want, and thin there is unreal engine, which also has a similar features like blender, which I don’t know which the one who started it first, but it also uses, something similar to the brackets in blender, but thy called, node’s, unlike Godot, the node’s are only for physics and add ot, in unreal engine, adding physics and object is easy like blender, and the node’s are just to add controlars to your object, which it means pretty much adding code’s to your object, if you don’t wish to add writing code’s, which all of this bring us back to the conclusion that I had, why don’t thy make easy softwares ,and for those who do, why there are mane good features are lost, in the easy softwares and on this hard software’s, there are good features what do you think.

i actually read through that whole thing…

i still have no idea what the point is.

if you like godot, then use godot.

The problem is Godot is hard to understand, unlike blender, while there are some nice features on Godot, aren’t there in blender

Woah, wall of text. On my computer there are no newlines or paragraphs!

I used godot for Ludum Dare 37, and had the following issues with it:

• HTML5 export didn’t run on any computer I tried it on, and was massive (40 mb? I think, bigger than 30 anyway. Too big for a web game)
  • They built their own scripting language: no support or help troubleshooting outside their community. No libraries etc you can pull in. At the time there were some big issues (subclassing/inheritance didn’t work). I don’t care how much more ‘optimal’ their solution is, the lack of being able to work with existing websocket packages, SQL database handling systems etc is a HUGE limitation.
  • I dislike import-export pipelines. We wasted quite a few hours on getting assets into the engine, on breaking tilemaps accidentally and having to remake entire maps and so on. I can’t see any way to automate godots import pipeline either. It has to be done by the GUI. In Blender, I script a lot of things to make my life easier. I can’t do that in godot.
  • Non-obvious component system, but that was OK after working with it for a day. Still not 100% sure on exactly how it works.

I give godot a shot every six months or so, but until #2 improves, I doubt I’ll use it.
I also use playcanvas, and have given irrlicht a whirl on occasion. And yet I keep coming back to the BGE. Why? #3 mainly: BGE is the only engine where you have no import pipeline*. That said, as I become more familiar with build systems and pipeline automation for other tasks, this is becoming less of a hurdle.

Complexity vs Usability. Are you calling blender simple? BGE may be, but not the Blender interface…

• This is why ‘PBR’ shading is all the rage. With PBR shading, you don’t have to worry that your carefully made textures will display differently in your modelling tool to in your game engine. The fundamental concept is that all implementations use the same input for similar output. Ie: it makes the artists job easier from an integrations point of view.

My advice is the same as always:
Try every engine you are interested in and make a small game in it. Then you can decide which one you want to use for what project. Don’t decide on feature set alone.

Yeah, I actually know someone who used Godot, for web games, he is also uses blender, and he and I, have agreed to one thing, and it’s that, there is no beater engine to make things easy for the artist or the programer, but blender, in everything thing, yes blender isn’t the beast engine among all engines around, but for now, it’s easy to understand and use, which is the most important part in all developing steps

If you want to have it easy - by a finished game.
If you want to change content of a finished game - use a level editor (and the complexity begins).
If you want to create an own game - you have to doe nearly everything by your own.

The game engine already supports you with quite a lot of aspects of your game (e.g. rendering, user input, physics). Naturally a game engine will focus on a broad range of games that can be build with it. The downside is that as more support your want as much more complexity you will get. This belongs to any game engine as well as the according editors that allow you to describe the game’s business.

There are surely different levels of complexity and different concepts of these editors.

While you admire the logic GUI of the BGE there are others that do not even want to see the. The truth is somewhere between them. The GUI is nice user guidance but is pretty static. When it comes to more flexibility and dynamic it is often better to define a python controller which adds the full freedom and complexity of Python.

Your completely right on this, but still,the easy way of controling the blender 3d. View, and the game physics on blender, isn’t the same on Godot, If you want to make a simple game of a cube moving on a maze, you’ll probably take 10 min in blender to make it, with the python script, But you’ll probably take 40 min to make it on Godot,