Need simple advice about the Game Engine

:cool: First, My name is Travis Trapani. Owner and Artist for FreedomWorks Entertainment and Visual/Music/Sound Engineer for Sing Song Productions in Seaside, Oregon. I am really excited about developing this virtual game. But I am at a loss on how to start. I have a concept, but I am new to the game engine.

What would be the best place to start? :cool:

Hello freedomworksent.

If you need tutorials you can look at the “Free BGE text tutorial index” (link see beneath).
On Page 01 you find p.e. links to tutorials about ‘Game planning’, about ‘BGE game making’ in general and more.

Greetings
achisp

just be sure that the bge is suitable for your project. there alot of changes coming to the engine to bring it into the 21st century, but it could take time to smooth out.

i would recommend looking into unity, unreal, and godot to name a few, before you start learning. currently the bge is not good for open world or networking. while it wont be impossible to use it for such, it will take more effort. mobile support and vr are fairly distant i believe.

but the bge really boasts a unified pipeline, with very little importing required.