Young maid-doll

This is a bust that I initially sculpted (in Blender) then partially retopologized using the shrinkwrap method suggested in this video.

I have to thank all people in this other thread for their tips, of which I have applied several while completing this model. The theme is similar in that the head/bust is modeled using references from Asian ball-jointed dolls (BJDs), so not what is usually seen in the western 3d scene.

The above renders have been made witih only 75 samples using the new Denoiser feature available in experimental builds and for illumination they use a free HDRI image from Greg Zaal.

I can upload more, but I wanted to attach files in the thread rather than link them externally, and there’s a limit of 3 per post.

Such a sweet character! Her eyebrows are a little hard to see though, but she’s very cute~

Admittedly I may have painted them too lightly. I didn’t feel like correcting the original texture non-reversibly, so I opted for some node trickery, mixing the same texture (I used one texture layer for hairbrows and eye makeup) twice depending on Z position. It seems to do the job, but… I’m not sure about the result.

An older version with a different hairstyle under a different (neutral) lighting, and how the face appears without makeup (texture):

Attachments