Final Fantasy/realistic Model Tutorials?

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knew where to find a good tutorial on realistic character modelling kinda like something that resembles a final fantasy type character. something kind of in the intermediate zone, where a noob could understand. (kind of like the udemy tutorials with ben tristam and michael bridges) any help would be greatly appreciated.

so far, i know cgcookie has one out there, but im considering that one kind of a last resort, not only price wise, but for simplistic reasons as well. (im a light beginner)

dont bother with making good models, worry about learning the ins and outs of blender first!

then, once you know blender, you can work on modelling.

Making Final Fantasy/Realistic character models isn’t anything that can be taught in a tutorial. It’s something that takes devotion. As Daedalus_MDW said, you’ve got to learn blender. Nobody’s going to tell you click this, then click this, then… You need to break down the character creation into steps, and know the tool well enough to get into those steps yourself. If problems arise, the forum will help with specific issues.

Then search out and take yourself to school on mesh topology, texturing and materials, rigging. Then create an ugly character… create another… repeat…

I think, generally speaking, when people post threads saying I want Final Fantasy/Pixar/Disney/etc, they don’t really understand the complexity of what they’re asking about. Break it down into small steps, and get ready for lots of characters your not really happy with.

Not trying to be rude or anything, but from my understanding you have to work your way up from simple things such as cups and tables, then cartoon-y type characters then humans and THEN realistic humans.

thanks guys, this helps alot. i am a little bit anxious when it comes to perfection so i know what i was asking was a little far away. all of you guys had valid points, and i really appreciate you guys taking the time to remind me of them. as much of a rush that im in, ill have to keep humble and work at it.

thanks again guys!!

Here’s a tutorial series on creating a complete anime style character, from the ground up. I haven’t watched the whole thing, but it does show a workflow. It might not be the best workflow, but the result doesn’t look bad.

For rigging, I think Nathan Vegdahl’s, Humane Rigging series is the best starting point…

Model topology really matters. Search it on google. There’s been a lot of, often heated, discussions over the last couple decades. You’ve got to kind of dig into it, and discover what works for you.

And don’t forget the artwork side of it. A decent artist can make a mediocre character look good, and a poor artist will have trouble with a really good character mesh.
Spend some time at https://www.artstation.com/

For a beginner level understanding of proportions and human character artwork, look at the Andrew Loomis books…
http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/

holy crap man, thanks alot!! this is awesome, thank you for going as far as to find this for me man i really appreciate it!! :slight_smile:
ill definitley give this a go, along with learning the in and out of blender