Show axis while dragging

Is there a way to show the axis while dragging?

When I press G or simply drag something clicking on the axis they disappear.

They disappear if you don’t specify an axis, yes. I don’t see how it would work with all the axes visible while moving.

If I hit G and then X I’ll see the axis as the object moves. If use the widget, I don’t really need the axis visible as I’ve already selected it by using the appropriate handle.

In addition to what Macser said, you can enable Axis per Object, then they will not disappear while dragging(Properties Panel>>Object>>Display Tab>>Check Axis), works best in Wirefame 3D View.

@Macser
Yes, but if I want to allign the center of a random object with the left side of this box the Z axis would help me as a drag the object through the Y axis, because this point in the middle is not very precise.

It would not change anything really. When an axis is specified it becomes infinite, so those little three arrows showing the axis wouldn’t make a difference.

@Polygonaut
It helped, but when I rotate the object the axis also rotate.

This is normal, think of it like Global(World Axis) and Local(Object Axis).

As a general advice, always after you alter an object´s rotation and or scale you should apply them to avoid various problems, errors and malfunctions. To do so hit Ctrl+A>>Apply Rotation & Scale, the Object´s Axis will now flip back to global Axis.

@Polygonaunt

Thank you! Problem solved. :slight_smile: