Whoops!

Uh oh…

Just playing with expressions~

Higher res here~

2 Likes

Wow, wow wow, this is nice, she even looks cute, I like her, the hair, how did you do it if I may ask

Thank you, alf0! :smiley:

The hair was done through blender’s particle system. For hair, the look is quite strongly affected by the material, so it’s important to have transmission, reflection, and also a bit of gloss in the shader. I think it gives more control to split up the hair, so here, the fringe, the combed back hairs, and the pigtails are separate systems. The number of parent hairs relatively low (30 for the fringe, 100 for the back) to make it easier to control, and I just turn up the children to about 800-1000 to fill it out. Also, to make the hair look less blocky, it helps to turn up the randomness and make sure the hair strand isn’t too thick. Hope that helps a bit! I could probably go on since hair can really be a pain :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wow this is alot actually, it’s seems really hard to do hair but, I would really try that out

wow i’m saving this post right now :-)… i tried making hair a while ago but my results were not so great (read: they really sucked :slight_smile: ), this is going to help a lot!..

by all means, if you have other suggestions go on, this is very instructive!

EDIT: just a note Chebylshev, the artstation link in your signature is not working for me, i get a 404 error

@alfo - Yup, hair did take me a while to get a hang of, but keep at it!

@davzeppelin - Glad you found it helpful! And thanks for pointing out the issue with the link! Hopefully it works now~
If you want more on styling hair, thistutorial is a little old, but I found it quite useful, particularly for longer hair. I think he used mostly simple children, since they follow the parent hair more predictably than interpolated children, and that gives more control when styling long locks. Usually, I will use simple children for hair in the front of the head where I need more control, like the fringe, and then quickly fill out the back with interpolated children, since they’re better at spreading evenly across the scalp. But anyway, do play around with the settings! You might find a way of styling hair that looks and works better for you than my methods do~

I didn’t know they have free tutorials, going to watch it right now… and thanks for the new tips too, now i really have no excuses for not improving :-)…

Very nice! The only comment I have is the eyes themselves… I can’t quite place it but they look a little blurred maybe?

@devzeppelin - Haha yes! You can do it!

@TJs3 - Thank you! Ah, the resolution in the post is a little lower than actual, but I guess I also set the DoF a bit high…