Electric Arc Furnace

Hi Guys,
I’m new here. Picture below is kind of scetchbook, I mean my place to learn texturing (UV and procedural), lightning, testing patricle, smoke, etc. Sorry for grainy picture (577 samples only - weak hardware). Some things will be upgraded like smoke. I’m going to add volume scattering to whole scene. I would be nice if You could give your hints and comments (positve or negative) :).

That’s a nice start. I like it. Could maybe do with a bit more grunge around the place.

You are off to a great start! I have seen many of these places due to my work, and you catched the right atmosphere I think. Some minor things: The argon bottles next to the furnace look as if they are brand new (which is possible of course). I think it would be better if they are a little bit dirtier. And attach them to something, before someone comes around and does a safety inspection… :wink:

Hmmm, let me see here; pressurised gas cylinders next to molten metal - not a good idea me thinks, even if the gas is inert, it will still expand as it gets hotter…

Nice start on the modelling though!

Cheers, Clock.

Thanks a lot for comments.

I agree that ganerally nothing happens on foreground. The bottles need upgrade (dust is obligatory).
Clockmender - You are certainly right however I saw that kind of bottles on reference picture.

See you.

Hi, this is new release of ironworks. Volume scattering and some mesh objects added. Sparks are still unsuccessful - to artificial, IMO.