Forest on the Hills

[SUB][/SUB]Worked on this for a few days, did more than what I could do with my previous nature scenes with new techniques I have learned, and some optimisation tricks. Too bad I still haven’t learned to create a good title! :smiley:

Are you using Filmic? The contrast seems REALLY high. I’d recommend using Filmic to decrease the contrast and adding some bloom (Fog Glow threshold: 0, mix: 1, size: 6 or 7). Otherwise, great! (P.S. is the cloud in the background a regular photo or HDR? It seems kinda flat)

I love the detail. It also strikes me as a real setting, in terms of the arrangement of everything. Bushes, trees, rocks, the hill. They all seem to be where they should be. I agree about the contrast, though I think part of it is the extra sharpness in the scaled down image that accentuates it. When I view the image full size, it doesn’t seem to me as contrasty.

Anyway, great work!

You’re both correct, the contrast is both very high, and the scaling of the image makes it seem more contrast-y than it actually is.
I wanted the lighting to be very striking, and I thought it looked best with Filmic’s “very high contrast”. The cloud in the background is a photo on a plane. I might see about making a few adjustments.

Here’s an image dump - what looks best to you?