Keying Fire Simulation - FLOW TYPE - FIRE

Hello,

I am sorry if this is a silly question but I just learned how to make the fire simulations through some tutorials by BlenderGuru and a few on Youtube but I didn’t see any information on how to KEY when the fire ignites, how long it burns, and how to turn it off. I am using FLOW TYPE -> FIRE.

Also how do I turn it off when I am in my file editing? I have it parented to a ball and I can’t see the ball through the giant flame. I am having a ball fly around and I’m controlling the fire tail by forcefield WIND.

Thank you for the help!

Ah update, I figured out that flame rate controls when it ignites and when it goes out… Still trying to figure how how to hide fire when I’m editing other objects in scene.

You can use the regular object visibility controls on your domain to hide the simulation while working. Or just store things on another layer Remember that Blender requires all objects in a sim to be on the same layer, so if you move the domain to another layer remember to move your emitter(s) and any fields/colliders as well