Cant see compositor take effect when rendering, yes its checked :)

So I added stills in the video editor, then get into compositor. Add Image sequence node? I think its called, send to some color changes then into viewer node and composite node ican see the composite take place. But, When I render I only see the original sequence?? the box is checked under postprocessing? Am I not supposed to do it this way? Is there something im missing? this is my first time compositing anything :confused:

Also Im not entirely sure how to add signatures in my profile which I guess is required, any tips?

Sequence editor overrides the compositor. If you use both at the same time, sequence editor needs a scene strip in it so the composited result gets to there.

The order is scene -> compositor -> video sequence editor. Scene render result gets in the compositor automatically through a render layer node, and the result from either goes in the sequence editor through a scene strip.

Signature is not required and don’t need it, especially if you don’t have better things to put there than your computer specs. Mine includes a tutorial link that should be useful to you with future questions.

@JA12 ok i think im getting what your saying. until your second paragraph :confused: is there a good video on what im trying to do that you would know of? lol are you saying theres no way to composite an image sequence? so lets say im opening my project i have my stills already in the sequencer. Should i delete them then go into the compositor, then composite? (This is when i use the render layer node)? Then add the stills back in the sequencer with the compositing on it? If so how do i do compositing to all images not just the one i see in the backdrop? Sorry if my reply make no sense this is what im gathering from your response and what i know about blender. I could be misundertanding the process of compositing completely. Thanks for your help. I can share the file if need be its just fractals made in mandlebulb3d and i want to composite the stills from the render i made with it.

No to both. Compositor can use an image sequence, so can video sequence editor (VSE). But can’t output from video sequence editor directly to the compositor and then possibly back again. It’s a one way street, at least by default.