Adding an action (on same bones?) stops other actions instead of mixing

Hi all,

I have seen these kind of questions about blender NLA on internet etc. I red the new action (placed on highest track) takes precedence over the lower ones. Is that true ?
The track is in blend mode with influence 1. I would expect that blender recalculates the LocRotScale as a weighted average from all actions per keyframe (per bone).
In the attached blend file there are 3 actions. The lowest 2 tracks act together without problems. When activating the newest (the highest) the other 2 stop working.
Is there a solution for this ?

Attachments

sunflower.zip (4.08 MB)

sunflower_iktarget_nla.blend (3.35 MB)

You keyed other bones in the hands up. So if you read the NLA, you are telling the other bones in the top one to replace what is below and hold it.

Here, just delete the bones you don’t need. Just use the ones that you are replacing. Don’t hold them when they are done. Add a little blend to make them mesh.

Thanks stilltrying.

It works better now. I had to look at the properties panel of the NLA to find the replace/hold settings per track. I still do not exactly know how it works. Choosing add in stead of replace does strange things to the mesh.
Thanks,
Jan