Free CC0 16K HDRI Every Friday

Hey everyone o/

Last week I decided to start a new thing: Every Friday I’ll upload a new 16K HDRI and make it completely free (CC0) for everyone. You’ll be able to download them instantly in a variety of resolutions, without needing to sign up or sell your soul.

The first one is already available here: https://hdrihaven.com/hdri.php?hdri=pond_bridge_night

I am honestly surprised this one turned out alright with only a little bit of noise on the floor and in the darkest parts - it was almost pitch black when I finished shooting it, I couldn’t even see the markings on my tripod. Those tiny bright street lights behind the trees meant I had to use a relatively fast shutter speed to capture the full dynamic range, but since it was so dark everywhere else I had to use a slow 10 second shutter speed too, so it took forever to shoot the whole thing and it got significantly darker towards the end of the process. I almost didn’t even bother stitching it actually, I thought it would be completely unusable, but it actually turned out quite nice :slight_smile:

Anyway, I hope you like it, and I’d love to see if you make something nice with it.

There will be another one this Friday, and the Friday after that, [SUB]and the Friday after that, [SUB]and the Friday after that, [SUB]and the Friday after that, [SUB]and the Friday after that…[/SUB][/SUB][/SUB][/SUB]
so maybe subscribe to this thread if you don’t want to miss it :slight_smile:

Nice 16K HDRI.

It’s a nice HDRI, also good to test a skin-shader. ( It’s shows details like wrinkles or pores good)
You need enough samples to avoid fireflies.
Light is quite evenly distributed (apart from the street lights). So not to contrasty.
Example:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]487006[/ATTACH]

Thank you. I really like the high quality it has.

@robwesseling nice! Also be sure to crank up the importance sampling resolution if there are small light sources in the HDRI (like that one) - sometimes up to 4096 even.

PS: It’s Friday again! So here’s a new one: Sunny Vondelpark.

Thank you Greg, that’s really good stuff! :slight_smile:

Ohh Friday again… time is fllying.
I still had the same scene , so I thought let’s compare it with the previous HDRI.
The first thing I noticed is, of course, that this HDRI has hard shadows;
[ATTACH=CONFIG]487268[/ATTACH]
I will try it with a scene with buildings. The Sun is low, so that could give a dramatic effect I suppose.
I still have to learn what it means to have an HDRI with 12EV’s vs 24 EV’s. Probably it means that the sun is very bright, and it is not clipping here.

A thing I have to figure out it why my skin-shader always looks “oily” when there are harder shadows, or sharper lights. Not sure if my skin shader behaves inconsistent, or if this is a normal effect. Though, I believe, in real life skin doesn’t look more rough when the light is more distributed. I mean, not that strong influence as I see like here. (see previous render).

That’s fantastic ! Thank You !!! :slight_smile:

really good, works fine with denoise

100 samples, 16 radius

I am honestly surprised this one turned out alright with only a little bit of noise on the floor and in the darkest parts - it was almost pitch black when I finished shooting it, I couldn’t even see the markings on my tripod. Those tiny bright street lights behind the trees meant I had to use a relatively fast shutter speed to capture the full dynamic range, but since it was so dark everywhere else I had to use a slow 10 second shutter speed too, so it took forever to shoot the whole thing and it got significantly darker towards the end of the process. I almost didn’t even bother stitching it actually, I thought it would be completely unusable, but it actually turned out quite nice :slight_smile:

Umair

Aaaaaaaaaand here’s another :smiley:

https://hdrihaven.com/hdri.php?hdri=hamburg_hbf

Are they going to remain freely available on the website? I may be interested using them at some point but I don’t want to download them all right away.

For as long as I can keep them there, yep.

This week’s free 16k HDRI: Eilenriede Labyrinth :slight_smile:

Hey, this is great man, thanks!

@czerw My pleasure sir :slight_smile:

It’s Friday again! This week’s one is from Dresden, Germany - download here.

The Georgentor is the old city entrance in Dresden, originally built in ~1530 but destroyed during air raids in 1945, and later rebuilt in 1960. (wikipedia)

Hey gregzaal,

Thank you for the files, they will come in handy for sure. Thanks again :slight_smile:

Yeah! these are great, thanks a lot!.

it’s good~ thank you~

Glad you like them guys :slight_smile:

Here’s another!