resume scene breaks animations

So I’ve created a pause menu for my game which is triggered when the player hits esc and a scene actuator pauses the scene problem is I tried to put this in a level that contains environmental animations necessarry for the gameplay present there and whenever I unpause the scene all those animations restart from the beginning even if they were in the middle of their animation process. Please help.

known issue. theres a good chance upbge fixed this. i use 2.74 and im not sure if ive ever noticed this. but all my animations are python called.

EDIT: 2.74 python called anims work with scene suspend. hud scene calls the suspend, but is not suspended.

Thank you sir! You have helped me greatly.

yeah I use python to animate and have not noticed the issue, then again, I swapped to a realtime inventory
(no suspend scene)

except nowmy games framerate has been cut in half!

What about setting the animation, only on state change, not every frame?

And can you use logic to play animation, and “wake it” after Suspend physics by calling deactivate all actuators, and reactivate the ones that were supposed to be on?

If deactivate actuator does not work, what about stopAction.

Another idea, if it’s borked and nothing works, spawn a duplicate actor from a hidden layer, transfer properties and burn original?

Oh no, I didn’t use python for the action, the only thing I did was swap to upbge which fixed… And also made the game run painfully worse, it used to run at 100 fps, but in level 4 and 5 of my game it tanks to 50 or below.

Check the console and the % it may be printing errors
(api changes)

If it’s not logic usage from printing console errors can you print screen your profiler?

Do you have unapplied modifiers besides armature?

turn off enviro light in the render tab

The console no longer appears, and no.

That has helped slightly giving me 10 extra frames but thats it.

The console should appear. Use the latest upbge. If you dont have modifiers on the objects, then you have materials, that are not assigned.

Using the latest one, and it won’t appear unless I use the default bge

Use game, show console, and then another console window opens?

No it does not, I know what you want me to do and in normal bge a console opens but with upbge it does not.

this just popped up

In the scene, group objects by layer

Make a brand new blend in upbge,

Append each layer over 1 at a time to it’s new layer, into upbge.

I have had this happen with blends that went multiple versions of blender and back.

ok
thanks will try

It does not work

Append is not working or it did not fix the issue?

Ensure also that you have no “empty” mesh
(mesh with zero vertex)

For each controller that it’s bitching about, delete the controller, add a new controller and relink.

Don’t use State as a property, as it’s used internally,

Agent_State is fine or something like this.

Clear all those errors and then we will move on.