Error with ManuelBastioni LAB

Hello,

i have worked on the design of an humanoid character for a couple hours using a ManuelBastioniLAB prefab.
The next day when launching my Blender project the ManuelBastioni AddOn asked me to re-“Init Character” but i get this error :

2017-06-07 18:08:11,182 WARNING: File not found: extra_morphs.json
2017-06-07 18:08:11,182 WARNING: File not found: anime_female_morphs_extra.json
2017-06-07 18:08:11,215 WARNING: File not found: anime_female_measures.json
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\manuelbastionilab_init_.py”, line 1501, in execute
start_lab_session()
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\manuelbastionilab_init_.py”, line 123, in start_lab_session
the_humanoid.init_database()
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\manuelbastionilab\humanoid.py”, line 273, in init_database
self.mat_engine = materialengine.MaterialEngine(obj, self.data_path, detail_tex)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\manuelbastionilab\materialengine.py”, line 57, in init
self.load_materials(self.material_data_path)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\manuelbastionilab\materialengine.py”, line 547, in load_materials
if mat_name in obj.data.materials[i].name:
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘name’

It usually asked me to Init Character after closing Blender, but this time it didn’t work (after rebooting my PC). I tried solving by searching what’s wrong with the program but i’m really not familiar with Python.
I can still Init Characters on new projects…
It doesn’t work even if I check “Regenerate the character”…

I would really appreciate someone familiar with ManuelBastioni to take a couple minutes to help me, it really discourages me as I’m new to modeling.
Thank you.

Hi, it is may better to talk with the developer Mr. Bastioni :eyebrowlift: > https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?420124-ManuelbastioniLAB-1-5-0-released!-The-Free-and-Open-Character-editor-for-Blender
Dunno how often he look into but …

Cheers, mib

Hello mib2berlin ,

Thank you for your advice, I thought he had better things to do.

did you modify the materials? did you change your obj importer? what engine are you using?

Hello,

Thank you Daedalus_MDW, you made me re-re-re-re-check my materials and saved me a couple hours.
I had an additionnal empty material (I probably missclicked on the “+” once), deleting it solved the problem.

Have a good day.