HDRI too saturated, or too dark.

So I’ve got a bit of a problem with HDRi’s.
I use Filmic Log of course.
I set up my environment map with two math nodes, one multiply and one add for sun and sky.
My hdri is an HDR not a JPG.

So everything should be fine, but it isn’t.
An example:

In this one I used low brightness of the map, just 1 in multiply node and 2 in add node. The background looks fine, but the interior scene is way too dark, and the colors are weird. The wall on the right should be white, and it’s in ugly yellow.

When I desaturate HDR a little, the colours are better, but the background is not green enough and it looks bad.

When I try to increase the brightness, same thing happens, the bg becomes too white, and looks bad.

So what can I do about that?

Is there a cheat, similar to the glass one, that will let me keep green background, but make the lighting less saturated and brighter at the same time?

This doesn’t look wrong to me. In any case Cycles gives accurate results, so if you don’t like the result you have to cheat. Simply set film to transparent and use compositing to bring back the background behind it with any color correction on it.

I’m curious though :

just 1 in multiply node and 2 in add node

why did you put an add node ?
You know you don’t need any node to change the strengh of the HDR ? There’s a strength property in the background node already.