Can core i5 enough to open and render blender roboman, or core i7?

Hi, I usually use my laptop, my laptop is lacking in graphics, can not open big files (like a blender roboman I think:eyebrowlift:). I want to build pc for blender, I want to use gtx 1080 TI,

I am actually a beginner in blender and I am still learning blender cycles

But i’m thinking about CPU, actually i want core i7 7700k, but if choosing core i5 is also enough for blender (saving money too:D), i want pc for blender and little do cycles render. I also want my pc can open and render blender roboman (from demo file blender). My target is to create a medium quality animation, like Jimmy Neutron or little khrisna with my pc.

Could i7 and i5 cores have the same performance when using blender and gpu render with gtx 1080 TI?

I want advice, I want to make a model that has a lot of poly almost like blender roboman, is intel i5 is enough or should i7 use intel?

Hi, dunno what roboman is but I am working with i5 and Blender for years now.
Important for open and render files is only system memory or GPU VRAM.
The GTX 1080 is limited to 8 GB, you cant render files need more than 8 GB on the GPU.
You cant render Production Benchmark from https://www.blender.org/download/demo-files/ for example.
Some parts of Blender use CPU multi or single threading, Smoke or fFluids for example.
Then the power of the i7 comes in to account.
The CPU does not influence the render performance of the GPU.

Cheers, mib

Sorry, this is like a blender roboman , thanks, :D, I will choose core i5, so to render require Vram GPU, while for simulation using CPU,

i5 should serve you very well. the biggest plus to i7 is the hyperthreading, wich is over rated if you are rendering on gpu.

Almost 1 year with a i5 4460. Very happy with and will be for years. Same with the GTX1060 6GB.
Seems like the GTX1080s are more useful for pushing resolutions to 4K in the latest games, with blender faster is always a good idea as well. But how much more? Save money and buy a better GPU in a few years.

Oh yes thanks, saving money, upgrading later, and by the way I am not so buy gtx 1080 (expensive), luckily still get stock radeon rx 580 nitro, huh, I was lucky to get it, because rumors about rx 580, bought for bitcoin miner Or something like that, equivalent to gtx 1060, and good for blender