Increase the light a specific material recieves?

Hello.

I have a Caucasian skin material from Manuel Bastioni Lab, but it is not illuminated by my sun light very well. If I increase the strength of the light, all other materials become blown out like a nuclear bomb just exploded off camera.

Is there a workaround for light groups in cycles or a way I can have a light source only effect one material?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

spend some time messing with the skin shader then.

make sure SSS is working. whats your blender version, and are you on gpu?

It is. 2.78, CPU.

If you really need to, it’s possible to overdrive color values. (A value greater than 1 in the RGB slots.) Usually you need the combine RGB to do it, as regular RGB input will always clamp to 1 for each slot. Alternately the color brightness/contrast node can do similar. It has its uses, but it’s usually not that desirable because it can have unintended effects in the scene. (Weird caustics, or lots of noise like fireflies showing up.)

RGB values equal to or greater than 1 is never a good idea. Even if you don’t care about physical accuracy it always messes up rendering times dramatically increasing the noise and amount of fireflies. You could adjust the light in your scene and then make all your materials for that light. It would be even more logical to move to PBR workflow and filmic, then you should adjust your materials based on approximate real physical reflectance values so that they would look consistent in any lighting conditions.