Mesh disappears when in "object" mode

Hey guys,

So I’ve just started making a model. I have used the Boolean tool and then filled in some holes in my mesh with the “fill” tool. Ive just gone from “edit” back to “object” mode and my mesh has disappeared! Switch back to “edit” and it reappears.

Things I have checked:

1. Hidden objects. I have made sure I haven’t accidentally hidden it.
  2. Layers. I have checked all layers.

When in object mode it only appears as a single vertices (dot) and can be moved around. Go back to “edit” mode and it has moved. See images below. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Why have you a build modifier ? If it hasn’t completed building you won’t see anything. Does it appear when you scrub the timeline ?
No blend file supplied with your post to review. Why not ??

Backface culling turned on + inverted normals? Other than that, it’s kind of hard to hazard a guess without having the .blend file.

My problem was similar. I had 6 separate meshes, and I was working in the uv editing tab unwrapping the meshes. When I was done and switched to the layout tab, the sixth mesh would disappear. When I went back to the uv editing tab, the sixth mesh would reappear in edit mode.

I tabbed back into object mode, and the mesh would disappear. Lots of back and forth and head-scratching. In the uv editing tab (the mesh would still reappear in edit mode), I switched the 6th mesh back to object mode and joined it to the 5th mesh, and when I went from uv editing to layout, the 6th mesh reappeared. Separated the two, and it seems to be working fine.

Not sure why this happened but will be very careful in the future how I work with uv editing.