Light without light - сontrol of the Emit in material, through the scrip

==============================================
the topic is closed, all examples are redone (without the Vladas script), a link to examples

Hi again.

An example of a script that specifies the material parameter is Emit, for those who bake the lighting map, and if you need to turn off the light, or turn ON.
A second example is a cyclic flashing of a baked texture.

Example - 1 - !!!
Example - 2 - !!!

Thank you for attention

p.s. With scripts helped - Владас (Vladas).

If you want to switch a property on/off then you can use the toggle on the property actuator.

Well, thank you, I fixed it.

Version on one script, and with parameters in properties (optimized) - light_emit01.blend (608 KB)

Wow this is fantastic, this could make things easy and lighter

• no problem man, there will be something else - I will share …

So is this just a static thing, what if I want to use it for a day cycle thing, or I want it to change it’s colors, could it be done by this?

• cycle daily, probably not, change the color - yes.This is a technique for static needs and Low-performance computer, or mix both options - a baked map, and dynamic shadows.
    Theoretically, you can bake the shadows separately in a script in several positions and change them - but this technique is not for this. This is for high-quality graphics on Low-performance computer.
    Even modern games sometimes use two methods, and not all need a daily cycle - there are already other system requirements.

Cool but it still can save alot of work and can be used for.interiors

Ta-dam !!! Here, and for this too - architectural visualization… :yes: